Portal To Africa Terms and Conditions
Welcome to Portal to Africa, a web directory service which allows individuals and companies, either acting in their private or public discretion to post User Content on Our website at www.portaltoafrica.com. The Portal to Africa Service (collectively 'Portal to Africa' or 'Service') is operated by Emokemi LLC and its corporate affiliates (collectively 'Company', 'Service Provider' or 'Us').
In order to access the Company’s website(s) you must be aged 18 years and over. Any registration and posting(s) by anyone under the age of 18 is unauthorized, unlicensed and in violation of this Agreement. If Portal to Africa discovers through reliable means that you are younger than 18 years of age, Portal to Africa will terminate your use and access of the website(s).
You are obliged to make sure that any information you post, publish or display on or through the website(s) is accurate, current and complete. Content can only be posted once, unless an individual or company acting in either their private or public discretion, has branches of their business in another country/countries or city/cities. Additionally, all listings must be made in the correct category to be displayed on the Portal to Africa website(s). Not allowed are entries of direct advertisement and marketing on the directory. Not abiding by the requirements will inevitably lead to content being deleted or removed from the register.
Restrictions on use of the website(s)
You may post and share content and comments with other users through the Portal to Africa website(s). By using our service you agree not to upload, post, transmit, cause the display and performance of, or otherwise make available any content that:
1. we deem to be harmful, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
2. is obscene, pornographic, excessively violent or harmful to minors or depicts minors engaged in sexually explicitly conduct or in a sexually explicit manner;
3. impersonates any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity;
4. contains any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes", or any other form of solicitation;
5. attempts to or uses another's account, service or system without authorization from the Company, or create a false identity on the Service or the Site.
6. solicits personal information from other users of the Service or solicit passwords or personally identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
7. publicizes on the Site(s) any private information of any third party, including, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers;
8. would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offence, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
9. contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
10. in the sole judgment of the Company, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Site, or which may expose the Company or its users to any harm or liability of any type.
11. harvests or collects email addresses or other contact information of other users from the Service or the Site(s) by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or unsolicited communications;
You must not do any of the following to the Website(s):
1. use the Website(s) in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, disrupt or impair the Website(s) or any Portal to Africa server, or the network(s) connected to any Portal to Africa server, or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Site(s);
2. disobey any applicable policies or regulations of networks connected to the website(s);
3. modify, adapt, translate or reverse engineer the Site(s);
4. use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other device to retrieve or index any portion of the Site(s);
5. frame the website(s) or reformate them in any way; or
6. create user accounts using any automated means or under false pretences.
You as the user are solely responsible for the information, contents, profiles, messages, notes, texts, listings and other material and content that you upload, publish or display on or through the Service on the Site(s), or transmit to or share with other users (collectively 'User Content'). The Portal to Africa Company cannot be held liable for any content posted on the Website(s). Further, the Company in its own discretion distances itself from and disclaims any correlation, opinion and connection with User Content published or displayed on or through the Service on the Site(s).
You must not post, transmit, or share content on the website(s) or Service that you did not create or that you do not have permission to post. You understand that the Company may, although not obliged to, review the Site(s) and may delete or remove, without notice, any Site content or User Content in its sole discretion, for any reason or no reason, including User Content that in the judgment of the Company violates this Agreement or the Portal to Africa Code of Conduct.
You are solely responsible at your own expenses for creating backup copies and replacing any User Content you post or store on the Site or provide to the Company.
Registration Data; Account Security
In consideration of your use of the Site, you agree to
1. provide accurate and complete information about you as may be prompted by any registration forms on the Site ('Registration Data');
2. maintain the security of your password and identification;
3. maintain and promptly update the Registration Data, and any other information you provide to the Company, to keep it accurate, current and complete; and
4. be fully responsible for all use of your account and for any actions that take place using your account.
PORTAL TO AFRICA, EMOKEMI and other Company graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, script and service names are registered trademarks, trademarks or trade dress of the Company in Ghana and/or other countries. The Company's trademarks and trade dress may not be used, including as part of trademarks and/or as part of domain names, in connection with any product or service in any manner that is likely to cause confusion and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the Company.
Proprietary Rights in the Site Content; Limited License
All content on the Site(s) and available through the Portal to Africa Service, including graphics, designs, texts, pictures, video, information, applications, software, music, sound and other files, and their selection and arrangement (the 'Site Content'), are the proprietary property of Emokemi LLC, its users or its licensers with all rights reserved. No Site Content may be modified, copied, distributed, framed, reproduced, republished, downloaded, scraped, displayed, posted, transmitted, or sold in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, without the Company's prior written permission, except that the foregoing does not apply to your own User Content (as defined below) that you legally post on the Site(s).
Provided that you are eligible for the use of the Site(s), you are granted a limited license to access and use the Site(s) and the Site Content and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Site Content to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that you keep all copyright or other proprietary notices intact, Except for your own User Content, you may not upload or republish Site Content on any Internet, Intranet or Extranet site or incorporate the information in any other database or compilation, and any other use of the Site Content is strictly prohibited.
Third Party Websites and Content
The Site contains (or you may be sent through the Site or the Service) links to other web sites ("Third Party Sites") as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, applications, software and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (the "Third Party Applications, Software or Content"). Such Third Party Sites and Third Party Applications, Software or Content are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any Third Party Sites accessed through the Site or any Third Party Applications, Software or Content posted on, available through or installed from the Site, including the content, accuracy, offensiveness, opinions, reliability, privacy practices or other policies of or contained in the Third Party Sites or the Third Party Applications, Software or Content. Inclusion of, linking to or permitting the use or installation of any Third Party Site or any Third Party Applications, Software or Content does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by us. If you decide to leave the Site and access the Third Party Sites or to use or install any Third Party Applications, Software or Content, you do so at your own risk and you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any site to which you navigate from the Site or relating to any applications you use or install from the site.